Welcome to Ducklings!
Duckling Class is our Nurture Group that runs every Monday and Tuesday afternoon. It is led by Mrs Gillies and Mrs Mills (with support from Mrs Stock)
There are usually 8-10 children who have a wonderful time experiencing their learning through a creative and play based curriculum in a small group.
The children often cover curriculum objectives alongside activities that match the six Nurture Principles
What are the Nurture Principles?
1. Children's learning is understood developmentally
2. The classroom offers a safe base
3. The importance of nurture for the development of wellbeing
4. Language is a vital means of communication
5. All behaviour is communication
6. The importance of transition in children's lives